Home » News » Accused sex offender worked at four additional centres

Accused sex offender worked at four additional centres

Police have identified a further four childcare centres which employed a Point Cook man accused of 70 offences against children.

In a statement on July 15, police said the centres in Mickleham, Tarneit, Braybrook and Greensborough had been confirmed to have employed Joshua Brown.

Police also amended the dates Brown was employed at 10 centres previously named.

Brown, 26, was arrested on May 12 and has since been charged with more than 70 offences relating to the alleged sexual abuse of children.

He was remanded in custody and will appear before the Melbourne Magistrates Court on September 15.

On July 1, police said Brown was believed to have worked at 20 different childcare centres between 2017 and 2025.

As a result, the Department of Health had recommended 1200 children who may have come into contact with him during this period be tested for infectious diseases.

In an update on July 15, police said Brown had also worked at Kids Academy Waratah estate in Mickleham on August 29, 2024; Milestones Early Learning Tarneit on September 10 and 13, 2024; Milestones Early Learning Braybrook on December 4 and 6, 2024; and Milestones Early Learning Greensborough on December 5, 2024, January 31, 2025 and February 27, 2025.

Police also amended the dates Brown worked at Explorers Early learning in Point Cook, Adventurers Education in Wyndham Vale, Only About Children in Williamstown, Nido Early Learning School in Werribee, DOTS Occupational Therapy for Children in Footscray, Aussie Kindies Early Learning in Sunbury, Milestones Early Learning in Hoppers Crossing, Kids Academy in Melton, Aussie Kindies Early Learning in Keilor and Papilio Early learning in Essendon.

Although records obtained by police recorded that Brown had worked at Papilio Early Learning in Hoppers Crossing between August 22, 2024, and March 12, 2025, further investigation has since determined this information was incorrect and the centre has been removed from the list.

Police now believe Brown worked at 23 childcare centres between January 2017 and May 2025.

Agencies are in the process of contacting the families who had children placed at the four new impacted centres during the time of Brown’s employment.

Chief Health Officer Dr Christian McGrath said about 830 families following the updated information about Brown’s employment to offer wrap around supports and provide testing recommendations.

“This is obviously a highly distressing situation, and I want to reassure all families being contacted that the potential exposure risk to an infectious disease for their child remains low,” Dr McGrath said.

“Our recommendation for testing is a precaution and the test results we’ve received to date as part of this investigation reaffirms that the risk is low.

“There remains no wider public health risk, and importantly the infectious diseases being tested for can be treated with antibiotics.”

Police said a key focus of their investigation has been establishing a complete work history for Brown

“This has been extremely complex due to Childcare Approved providers not having centralised records, requiring detectives to execute search warrants to obtain handwritten records, shift rosters and other critical information,” Victoria Police said.

Crime Command acting Commander Janet Stevenson said police understood many people in the community will still be feeling shocked and anxious in relation to this matter.

“Each piece of information has to be individually assessed and verified before it can be used as part of the

investigation or released to the public,” she said.

“I also want to remind people, especially those struggling with this news, that there is a number of support services readily available for impacted parties and I strongly encourage people to seek those out.”

A dedicated website has been established by the state government with a full list of Brown’s employment locations and dates.

Details: www.vic.gov.au/childcare-centres-investigation

Digital Editions


More News

  • More cameras coming to Victoria’s roads

    More cameras coming to Victoria’s roads

    The state government will roll out 35 new fixed cameras, two point-to-point networks and tougher distracted-driving and seatbelt enforcement as part of its Road Safety Action Plan. The state government…

  • New treatment options for anaphylaxis

    New treatment options for anaphylaxis

    Two new emergency treatment options will become available in Victorian schools to support students at risk of anaphylaxis. Education Minister Ben Carroll announced the two new services will soon become…

  • Inquiry into anti-LGBTIQA+ hate crimes

    Inquiry into anti-LGBTIQA+ hate crimes

    The Victorian Parliament’s Legal and Social Issues Committee is moving forward with a formal inquiry into anti-LGBTIQA+ hate crimes. The investigation is designed to analyse the frequency of targeted attacks,…

  • Crack down on dodgy drivers

    Crack down on dodgy drivers

    New reforms are being introduced to protect Victorian taxi or ride-share passengers from being ripped off. The reforms, which come into effect on Sunday 1 March, will make it easier…

  • Sports shorts

    Sports shorts

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 471376 Northern FL South Morang has locked in one of its own for the Northern Football League division 2 season. Tyson Gresham, who was…

  • Australia Post ramps up the horse-power for Lunar New Year

    Australia Post ramps up the horse-power for Lunar New Year

    Australia Post is celebrating the Year of the Horse with the release of its Lunar New Year stamp issue, and its first ever ‘DigiStamp’. The traditional Lunar New Year stamp…

  • Hume celebrates pets

    Hume celebrates pets

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 534913 Calling all pet owners and animal lovers, Hume Pet Lover and Family Fun Day is being held at Banksia Gardens Community Services at…

  • Eskimo Joe to headline west festival

    Eskimo Joe to headline west festival

    Australia’s beloved alt-rock power trio Eskimo Joe are sure to have audiences up on their feet when they headline the Lincoln Park Twilight Festival. Held on Saturday 28 February at…

  • Voter participation dropped in Lalor by-election

    Voter participation dropped in Lalor by-election

    According to a Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) report less Lalor Ward voters participated in the 2025 by-election than in the general election 10 months earlier. The VEC by-election report tabled…

  • Wollert man to be questioned in drug syndicate probe

    Wollert man to be questioned in drug syndicate probe

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 206998 A 46-year old Wollert man is expected to be interviewed as part of an international drug trafficking investigation that Victoria Police said has…